Crazy Things I have Done as a Mother
You know when you read that meme of ‘somedays I surprise myself other days I put laundry in the oven’ and you just smile because you know that struggle…
- I have picked my tea from the microwave and put the sugar tin back in the microwave to warm it
- I have put Maya’s dishes in the fridge to sterilise them- I closed the fridge, then only realised after I could not find the power button.
- I have punched my phone’s security code on the remote- Then I wondered why the TV channel was saying it’s an invalid channel.
- I have looked for my phone as I used it as a torch to look for it- This was nuts because it was at night and I was so scared of tipping anything over least the baby wakes up, then I entered bed wondering where I could have put my phone, the as I switched off the torch, I just smiled at the realisation.
- I have been at the bank, by myself, then I look over my shoulder and my son’s blankie was well folded and forgotten there after I dropped him off to school.
- I made up a game called “Lets keep quiet, first on to talk is it.” It never lasted long, because Mugi followed it up with so many questions I gave up.
- I have forgotten to pick Mugi up from school esp. on Fridays since it’s half day. There is this one time the teacher called me at 2 to ask me where I was,
Me: but it’s only 2 is Mugi sick?
Teacher: No he is not, they were being picked at 1 today
Me: Why? It’s not half term today is it?
Teacher: No, it’s not, but today is Friday.
- That Life changing Summit – IDDS
- Finally Potty Trained
- The Bags That Feed Me
- I Took a Mama’s Break!!!
- Eczema: What’s there to know
- Picha Yangu Sauti Yangu
- The Passports Are Here!!!