12 things Mum needs you to know, crying baby
I read 12 things your crying baby wants you to know on baby center, I guess baby needs to hear us out as well and so here goes my sweet response to my sweet baby.
1. I know you are not crying because you want to make my life difficult, but your crying actually does, and so I will do anything to make sure that you stop crying. Trust me, I have your best interest at my heart.
2. You are brand new to me, I did not go for training before you came and I am learning on the job. I have a slight idea of how to handle you but bare with me we are both new to this.
3. It breaks my heart to hear you cry
4. I may be your world but there are other people who love you just the same, you have more than me, your daddy, your grandparents, my best friend, they all want in on your life and they too can give the best they can.
5. You do not need to cry
6. I know about the stress chemicals that are released when you cry and are lessened when you are held, but sometimes you are too tired and all you need to do is sleep and they will go down. When your stress levels go high and you cry, it doesn’t take mine down.
7. I want to nurse you as much as I can, but I also know that you can get indigestion and get very uncomfortable and as we all know when you are uncomfortable your stress levels go high then mine do too. I will not let you go hungry but I will help you be happy other than on the boob.
8. I have to listen to other mums, those who have gone before me and know the path of motherhood; otherwise I risk closing my self to a world of knowledge and wisdom that would otherwise make this our friendship better. I will listen to them but I will also listen to you, remember I have your best interest at heart.
9. You cannot self soothe, but you can be taught how to, I will not let you cry yourself to sleep, but I will teach you to be independent because I know I am raising you be a great person.
10. I do not care about the dishes and laundry, but sometimes my breaking point is because I am with you non stop, not that I don’t love you but as you grow you will understand that we all need a lil me time once in a while and I will leave you in the hands of the ones I know without a doubt love just to make sure that my sanity stays intact, work with me on this one. You will hear the phrase, happy mummy happy baby, it comes from those 2 hours of taking care of myself.
11. I know this stuff is hard to hear but baby trust me, I will be doing injustice to the world if I do not prepare you enough to be the man/woman that will change this world because you were here. I want you to be independent strong courageous and bold enough to take anything that life throws at you.
12. This will not last forever, I will comfort you, I will teach you I will love you with everything I have, I will teach you to be the best that you can be. I would like to quote this lady I think she was a wise mother “I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own, allow them to take the ‘matatu‘ (Bus) … let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.” – C. Joybell. C
NB: I love you so much and your life gives meaning to mine every single day.
- Finally Potty Trained
- The Bags That Feed Me
- I Took a Mama’s Break!!!
- Eczema: What’s there to know
- Picha Yangu Sauti Yangu
- The Passports Are Here!!!
- Getting a Passport for Your Child